Cremations are becoming a more popular option for people. The cost, simplicity, and ease make it an attractive alternative to the traditional funeral and burial process. It can be turned into a celebration, or it can be kept quiet and discreet. Whichever way is chosen, at some point the family will need to decide on the type of urn they want. There are so many different things to think about when making a final decision on the urn for your loved one’s ashes. With the help of cremation services in Belle Plaine, MN, you will be able to find all of the information about urns that you will need.
What Is an Urn?
An urn is a device used to hold the cremated ashes of a person who has passed away. They can come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. With so many options to choose from, there is an urn out there that will most likely suit your needs.
There are several types of materials that urns can be made from. Most urns are made from metal, but there is now a wide range of options for people to choose from. Below is a list of the other materials.
· Biodegradable Materials
Different Types of Urns:
The beauty of urns is that there are so many options to choose from. There is almost certainly one that you will like and choose to hold the ashes of your loved one. Below is a list of some of the different types of urns that are available to you.
· Individual – An individual cremation urn is one of the more popular options for families. They can come in wood, metal, and several other materials. They can also be personalized if that is something that you want. There is a variety of colors available for the individual cremation urn. You and your family can’t go wrong with picking this option.
· Companion Urn – A companion urn is an urn meant to hold the ashes of two people. These urns are perfect for couples looking to be together forever. They can be personalized with an engraved plate. These urns would be a good way to honor the life of your grandparents, parents, or even siblings who have passed away.
· Biodegradable Urn – Biodegradable urns are the perfect choice for families looking to bury the ashes of their loved ones. The materials will break down over time, and they will not harm the environment once they do. It is a great choice for a person who spent their life dedicated to preserving the environment.
· Keepsake Urn – Keepsake cremation urns are often smaller than a normal urn. They are meant to hold small amounts of the cremated remains. These are a wonderful option for those families looking to divide the ashes between multiple people. They are usually very affordable.
· Pet Urns – The animals we love are often overlooked when it comes to funerals. But there is an option for urns for pets. They aren’t any different from a regular urn, but some are shaped like cats or dogs. This urn would look great sitting on a mantel to remember the animal that brought joy, laughter, and love to your life over the years.
· Scattering Urns – The scattering urn is a traditional way to send off your loved ones. It’s typically designed with one hand held away from you so as not to have them blown back on whoever is doing the ash scattering, and it has an easy-to-hold shape that can fit in any pocket or bag without being bulky at all.
The cost of an urn is directly connected to its size, what it is made from, and if the family has chosen to put any special engravings on it. It is important to remember this when thinking about purchasing an urn.
Choosing a beautiful urn to hold the ashes of your loved one is a wonderful way to keep their spirit and memory alive. You will find so much joy in seeing the urn you have chosen sitting in your home, or wherever you plan to put it. If you are interested in learning more about cremation services, we can help you find all of the information you will need.